Monday 3 February 2014

Day Thirty Four : NEED MORE SUN

Date :  Monday 3rd February 2014

Time : 13.15

Location : Millennium Apartments, Birmingham


DIY Sea Spray Kit

Before I kick off today's post, it has been suggested by more than one person that I get myself on Bloglovin. So on my sidebar there is now the option to do that :) 

I spent this weekend in The Isle of Fernandos - Tenerife to you and I -  with 22 of my (future) brother-in-law's friends / family. This was my first experience of a stag do - I won't go into detail. But it was brutal. 

Yesterday we took to the waves for a spot of jet skiing - a must for anyone who gets the opportunity to have a go! I warm sun beating down on my vulnerable skin, the gentle swash of sea waves and the roar of 5 monster jet skis. Could life get better? 

At the time, the splash of salty water in my face, mouth and hair was slightly annoying. Then I realised what it had done. My hair's never looked so good! It's something to do with the salt in the sea that makes hairs go really nice and wavey - this is coming from someone who doesn't really do his hair too much! 

So when I got home today, I firstly looked up sea salt hair spray - which is a thing - but then I came across a DIY blog and some tutorials on YouTube. How hard can it be? 

The ingredients are - 

1 x tablespoon of sea salt
1 x tablespoon of conditioner
1 x tablespoon of coconut oil
1 x glass of boiling water.

It's no more difficult then mixing these ingredients together thoroughly AND CAREFULLY and voila. Instant beach look for you hair - and might I add, it smells incredible. This is probably thanks to the Orange and Papaya conditioner I used. I'm looking forward to trying this out tomorrow to see how it turns out! 

Following on from the beach theme. I finally picked myself up a ukelele. I've been talking about this since the turn of the year, and finally got one today. I've never played an instrument, it just seems like a really nice, peaceful thing to play. 

I'm attempting to just use YouTube tutorials to teach me chords / songs. So far I've learnt the Adventure Time Theme, which is pretty basic but still not too bad after just a couple of hours practice! I'll be a pro (maybe) in no time! 

Ultimately, I'm happy to be back home, but you can't beat a bit of January sun! 

Lesson of the day : make an effort to learn new things! 

Also - Ukelele's are cool. Fact. 




1 comment: