Thursday 6 March 2014

Day Sixty Three & Four : Smoothies & Snooker

OK so I'm doing another double blog now - I fell behind a bit last week but after today I'll be back on track ... and ready to tell some VERY exciting news in tomorrows blog! You'll have to wait and see for now!!

Date : Tuesday 4th March 2014

Time : 19.43

Location : Riley's Snooker Club, Birmingham

147?

A friend and I like to go to Riley's and pretend we're good at snooker. I suppose it's like anything really, professionals make things look easy ... That's why they're professionals, right? 

We hadn't been for a while, so decided to rekindle our love for the sport on Tuesday night. We played 4 frames in 3 hours. Professionals would probably play 4 frames in 1 hour! 

It took us about an hour to get back into it, as we hadn't been since the turn of the year, and my god we were bad! The problem that I have with snooker is that I actually enjoy it. It's similar to my ukulele. I'm not very good, but really enjoy doing it! 

I managed to destroy the highest break of the day (and equal my highest ever break) by scoring a rather pitiful 9. Ronnie O'Sullivan, watch out! 

We used to be OK (and when I say OK ... I still mean dreadful!) ... we would sometimes go after work when we worked at a city centre bar together. Yes, after work ... I think once or twice we left in broad daylight the next morning! 

It's great fun though, and I think with practise we might get a bit better (like I said - we'll still be dreadful!).

Ah well - it's sport ... it's the taking part that counts, right? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Wednesday 5th March 2014

Time : 08.54

Location : Wyatt International, Birmingham

Rhubarb and Custard Smoothie! Should be AMAZING!

OK, this needs some backstory. When I was younger (and I have no idea how old) I remember having this rhubarb and custard sweet. But it was different to normal ones you get in shops. This one had, kind of a fondant inside which you could suck out. It was the best thing in the world. To this day I have no idea where to get them from, or if they even exist, but Rhubarb and Custard sweets are still my ultimate fave. 

So imagine my excitement when I saw this in Tesco on Tuesday morning. Yup. R&C smoothie. I picked up my standard apple juice and trundled on to work. 

I think I may have built it up a bit too much. I didn't actually read the ingredients, I just assumed it would taste like my favourite sweeties! I was in for a bit of a surprise! 

What it actually tasted like was a strong overtone of bananas, my LEAST favourite fruit!! That was enough to kill the dream for me. I had a few sips, got some large chunks of banana in my mouth which put me off, and threw the smoothie away. Massive disappointment. 

This got me thinking about weight, and more importantly my BMI. I have lost 1st this year. That's not bad going I guess. 

At the turn of the year, my BMI (Body Mass Index) was up at 24.9. I was 0.1 point away from being classified as overweight for my age / height. I've managed to get my score down to a respectable 22.1. 

Great result - and it just makes me want to work harder to achieve the goals I want! 

Onwards and upwards! 

Lesson of the day - If you have fun doing something, just do it! And also read the ingredients when purchasing smoothies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment