Thursday 13 March 2014

More Catch Up!

OK so I'm playing catch up again! Today's post will cover Tuesday, Wednesday and today's pictures - as I know I won't be able to blog this weekend (I'll be flip-flopping in sunny Milan!) So on Monday you can look forward to a nice bumper blog again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Tuesday 11th March 2014

Time : 16.34

Location : Wyatt International, Birmingham

I'M RICH!!!

So, apparently I entered the Dutch Lottery, and won 750,000 something! All I need to do is supply all the information for someone to steal my identity! 

I mean, seriously, does anyone actually fall for these scams? It seems totally legit, right?!

I Googled this scam, as I was interested, and there's actually a section on the official Red Bull website, stating that it, in no ways, has any affiliation with the Dutch Lottery. 

I would actually like to know how they got my number - very dodgy! 

Next I'll await my email from my Nigerian cousin asking me to transfer £1,000 into his account, where he will absolutely for sure give me the millions of pounds I'm due to inherit from the Prince of Nigeria. 

What a load of cobblers .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Wednesday 12th March 2014

Time : 08.46

Location : Broad Street, Birmingham

Excuse The Battered iPod! 

I like to shuffle on my way to work (music, not dancing!)! On Wednesday, my iPod threw up this beauty. 

Kings of Leon were so good. Their first three albums were so raw! Pure rock 'n' roll! I loved the short, snappy explosive numbers - but the slower, more chilled songs were equally as good. 

Then Sex On Fire came out - and it all went a bit mainstream. Only By The Night was a great album, and Use Somebody is a brilliant (yet overplayed) song. BUT. The 2 best songs on that album were never released, nor widely recognised. Closer (the opening track) is slow and atmospheric, whilst the drums on Be Somebody are just something else. 

I saw KoL at Reading in 2009 (maybe) - and they were good. But they fell victim of the success of Sex on Fire. There were limited actual KoL fans there - just people who wanted to see Sex on Fire. 

So obviously, when they played Sex on Fire, Caleb (lead singer) got all moody because it was the only song the crowd sung to .... then they stormed off and smashed up their guitars.

Bit of a shame, as one of my favourite bands at the time, but it was still good to see them live!

For the record - My Party is a great song!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Thursday 13th March 2014

Time : 08.24

Location : Millennium Apartments, Birmingham

FOG

Annoyingly, this picture didn't really showcase the amount of fog around Birmingham this morning! 

It was a lot worse! 

The weather recently has been a bit up and down! Every morning starts off really cold and horrible and REALLY foggy! 

But once the sun burns through the clouds, we keep having really nice days! I'm certainly not complaining! Although what I will say, is that at the moment in Birmingham the mercury's hitting about 13/14 degrees. 

Not bad .

In Milan (where I will be this weekend) its topping 22! Must remember to pack the flip flops and swimming trunks! 

Lesson of the day - FIND MY SUN TAN LOTION - IT'S HOLIDAY TIME! 

1 comment:

  1. Sex on fire is the same as Mr Brightside. Enjoyed and sung and flaunted like a badge of indi honour that only tasteless shit bags seem to enjoy and then leave when they play an old song to go and watch N-dubz....annoying isn't it! But im pretty sure that Milan will help you get over it and if that lottery thing comes off ...Sheesh!!! Have a good weekend and get back on the blog wagon soon.

    ReplyDelete