Tuesday 4 March 2014

Weekend Catch Up!!

OK so I had an incredibly busy weekend! So I sort of knew I wouldn't be able to blog much - so instead, I'll just give you a bite-size weekend review! 

Formalities over, lets get on it! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Thursday 27th February 2014

Time : 21.23

Location : Millennium Apartments, Birmingham


THIS IS SPARTA!

300 is an amazing film! There's a second one coming out at the end of this week (I think) so I may well have to check it out (though I haven't actually seen the trailer!) 

I'm not really into action / fighting films, but 300 is different. It tells the story of 300 Spartan soldiers in a battle against millions of Persians. I would probably read that plot and think BOOORRRIIINNNGGG, but honestly. It's Fab! 

Something that made me laugh about this film is all the continuity errors. There are quite a few that I notice - it might be because I smashed media studies when I was at school - but I just pick up on little details. IMDB was a great help in spotting more! 

And of course, the famous This Is Sparta cry! Gerard Butler, take a bow!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Friday 28th February 2014

Time : 13.35

Location : Wyatt International, Birmingham


Running With The Bulls

Ever since I saw Richard Hammond do it on Top Gear a few years ago, I've been a little bit obsessed with the Pamplona Bull Run. 

Each year, in Pamplona - a town in north Spain (closest city is Bilbao) - there is a week long street festival which includes a number of tomato fights, and each morning, the running of the bulls. 

The streets are lined with cheering crowds, as the mad / insane / adreneline junkies run 800m amongst massive scary bulls. I'm positive people have been significantly injured doing this - but what an experience?

What's even better, is that in Bilbao, there is a music festival where Foster The People are playing - and I've developed into a bit of a fan! 

The ultimate adreneline rush, I just need to find people who are stupid enough to want to do it with me! 

Any of my friends reading this, are you keen for a little bull run? 

To put pictures to my words, here's a video of someone getting absolutely destroyed by a bull! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Saturday 1st March 2014

Time : 23.58

Location :The Queen of Hoxton, London

Bit of a dump

OK so on Saturday I had to go to synagogue for the first time in about 10 years! We were attending a service for my future brother in law called an "auf ruf" (pronounced oof ruff). 

Without going into too much detail, there was some dancing involved infront of the congregation, some awkward carrying of the scrolls, and lots and lots and lots of lovely food! 

Considering I haven't been to synagogue in a long time, it wasn't too bad! 

On Saturday night myself and a couple of friends went to a bar in Shoreditch called the Queen of Hoxton. I think we drastically mis-judged the dress code! We rolled up in our nice shoes, shirts and blazers, whilst everyone else was in their pumps and hoodies! Better to be overdressed than underdressed, right? Perhaps not in this place! 

Nevertheless, we had a good laugh - despite the terrible music and price it cost us to get home (£70 taxi!). 

Also, it's worth noting. Who knew there were so many New Zealanders / Kiwi's / Kiwinese people in London! 

I do now! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Sunday 2nd March 2014

Time : 20.21

Location : Pizza Express, Stanmore

Pollo ad Astra Leggera

Delicious! 

Sunday was all about seeing old friends, and making people smile! I met a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a while for breakfast. I had poached eggs, asparagus and parma ham, dear lord was so damn good!!

She had been complaining that she wasn't feeling too well, so I picked her up a small bunch of flowers. It's amazing what a small gesture can do for someone. She seemed really happy, and taken aback. It gave me a nice feeling! 

In the afternoon I went to my cousins to watch the football, and in the evening, went to Pizza Express for some beaut dinner! 

Leggera's are my new favourite thing. A healthy (ish) pizza! Could anyone ask for anything better? 

It's a normal pizza, with the inner circle missing and replaced with a salad! It sounds random (and to be honest, it is a little bit!) but it is so nice!! And it's served with a pizza cutter!! 

To start, we did have dough balls - naughty! But I did go with my friend / personal trainer ... so if he said it's OK then I won't argue! Back on the football / gym this week though!!

Lesson of the DAYS -

GET BETTER AT BLOGGING!  





No comments:

Post a Comment