Wednesday 12 March 2014

The Past Few Days ...

OK here we go again! I've slacked a bit lately, but I'll post Saturday, Sunday and Monday's pictures in a 3 in one blog today, then do the same tomorrow to catch up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Saturday 8th March 2014

Time : 14.40

Location : St. Andrews, Birmingham


Where is everyone?!

OK so on Saturday I met my friend Daniel, his brother Nathan and dad, Jeremy and became a devoted QPR fan for the day (if you're not into football, the next today and tomorrow's post probably aren't for you!). 

This picture was taken about 20 minutes before kick off, and as you can see, there's not very many people there! 

St. Andrews is the home of Birmingham City (The Blues) - whom I have a personal hatred for. I would have liked nothing more than for QPR to absolutely destroy The Brummies (I can say that as I live here!). In the end, it finished 2-0 (to QPR) so we were all fairly satisfied. 

It wasn't like going to football to watch Arsenal. It was a lot more 'chill'. Firstly, there was a 'sit where you want' policy - which I have not been familiar with - though it was VERY handy, as I was not due to sit with my friends! Also, in a Premier League game, it's almost an unwritten law for all fans of the away team to stand during the whole game. This didn't happen either. It was a very relaxing affair - apart from the lack of leg room! 

I was slightly aggrieved as I drove half way to the ground (walking the full distance would have been about 2 miles) but realised I could have parked a lot closer! Never mind, a bit of exercise never hurt anyone, did it! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Sunday 9th March 2014

Time : 09.32

Location : Millennium Apartments, Birmingham

Protection

I trust my friend Daniel (the one from yesterday)! He is a budding young personal trainer, plying his trade in Harrow. I often speak to him about my injury concerns, and when I spoke to him on Saturday about my intentions to play football on Sunday, he advised I heavily strap my ankle - this after I sprained it a few months ago having a kick about with friends!

So this was the result. A rather dashing bright blue bandage heavily strapped around my ankle. Unfortunately, it wasn't my ankle that gave me problems - it was my stupid football boots! My feet are blistered all over the shop EVEN NOW (writing this on Wednesday).

My return to football was a comical one. The team I play for are not very good (UNDERSTATEMENT.) They lost 15-0 the week before, so I didn't hold much hope. We are bottom of the league and were playing the team at the top. Surely we were on for another destroying?

It didn't start well, I gave away a penalty after 10 minutes! Probably should have gone home then! 

But, to be fair, we battled hard and only lost 4-0. I like to think it was my presence in defence that significantly reduced the number of goals conceded from the week before**

** Joking, I'm not very good at football!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date : Monday 10th March 2014

Time : 18.06

Location : Newhall Street, Birmingham

VERY LAZY MONDAY

Monday's are the worst, right? 

I must admit, I was feeling REALLY lazy this last Monday, so instead of walking home from work (about 1.5 miles) I hopped into a Car2Go and drove. 

Car2Go is currently only available in Birmingham and London (in the UK) - and I've got to say, it's brilliant. It's made for people just like me. City centre living, a quick and easy way to nip around town. 

You get into the car with a membership card which you swipe on the small white box on the dashboard, and they key is already in the car, so away you go! It costs about 29p per minute, which I don't think is too bad, considering I only really drive it for 5 minutes at a time! 

You can park them in any council owned parking spot for free, which can be a bit annoying when there is NOWHERE to park (it's happened to be before!), then you end up just driving around aimlessly, wasting money! 

If you can avoid such problems, it's a great thing to be a member of! 

On my drive home from work on Monday, I did encounter some traffic, which annoyed me as I was just wasting money sitting in a jam. But it still only took me about 8 minutes to drive home - so for under £2 I was happy! 

It's a dangerous thing to have, but I try to keep my usage to a strict minimum - though I'd be lying if I said I've not stumbled past one on my walk home from work and jumped in! 

Lesson of the day - get better at blogging (again) AND stop being lazy! Walking is good for you!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment